Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back to the root of thought... or trying

I have been very distraught recently by my lack of inspiration in general.
As I have been pondering the differences in mindset between my most inspired times and least, I notice I no longer give myself the time to have a thought worth sharing or writing down. When listening to music is not enough, especially when you are one to become all consumed in it musical wonder. The thoughts come in and out and circle around, but are destroyed the moment the follow-up is useless apps such as … dun dun dun Facebook.
I have never been a big fan, but after realizing that possible connection it is time for our relationship to end. At least for a while.

One might call me out for not doing the same with Twitter, but in my opinion the two are very different. I get to share and experience others’ ponderous thoughts that spark actual conversations. Sad they have to be virtual. I need older friends or different ones.

I’d say the fact that it just brought me to put down my advertising book and blog in general is a good sign. Maybe I will reconnect with myself soon, who knows maybe other people too. I think I need to find myself again first, or the latter won’t work either.

More blog thoughts are coming through, I think it is a good sign. Hope the wires are beginning to spark again, lets hope I can twist them together again.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder about Facebook too. (Well, I wonder about it all, but Facebook especially.) I think you are doing the right thing. As much as it makes me jittery, I somethings think the best thing we can do for ourselves is unplug, and step back into our 3D selves for a time.

    (Glad you're not leaving Twitter.)

    ReplyDelete